Integration of Fast Notes into clinical practice will vary depending on your practice setup and style:
Efficient Style. In this setting, surgical assistants will complete Fast Notes forms as patients are in the operatory and hand the iPad to the doctor for final review. The referral letter is created and finalized. The front office will check the Vault 1-2x/day and either attach the files to the patient record or print for paper charts. *recommend 1 iPad per surgical assistant
Detailed Style. In this setting, the doctor will complete Fast Notes forms and create/finalize narratives and referral letters. The front office will check the Vault throughout the day and either attach the files to the patient record or print for paper charts. *recommend 1-2 iPads for the office
Keys As You Begin
- Make sure you spend time reading ALL emails that are sent to get a complete understanding as you learn Fast Notes. We recommend you create 5-10 "dummy patients" to start so you can get a good feel for different procedures/exams.
- Make Fast Notes look professional and clean by letting us create your custom letterhead.
- Make sure you invite team members to Vault— do not give our your username and password. In the event a front desk team member leaves the office, you can switch off access to that account to preserve HIPAA compliance.
- Notes and letters are created in the App and transferred to Vault. Your front office can either download and insert the notes or print them, depending on your charting system.
- Always refer to our self-service Help Center for answers to most of your questions. If you are still needing assistance, just send us an email and we will be back with you quickly!